I was wrapping up a coaching session several months ago when I asked my client if he could meet the following Wednesday. He replied, “Sorry I can’t. I was “voluntold” by my boss to head the new search committee and our first meeting is that day.” I laughed out loud. He even used air quotes for full effect. Since then I’ve been writing down these clever word combinations thinking they might come in handy someday.
I found my list as I was transitioning to a new notebook (Levenger and Paper Source fans know how fun that can be). As we head into the final week of the summer, I thought it was a perfect time to share my list. These words are so much better than “jeggings” and “spork.”
- Automagically – The finance charge on my credit card bill automagically increased a ½ percent.
- Coopetition – Nothing wrong with a little healthy coopetition between sales and marketing.
- Meetingful – We usually waste time in the management meeting but today was meetingful.
- Afterthoughtfulness – My husband forgot our anniversary but then his afterthoughtfulness was taking out the trash.
- Flavorite – I know it makes me sound boring, but pistachio is my flavorite.